Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Monetary Consequences of Obesity: Diet Programs and How Surgery is Cheaper

Today was an interesting day... I was thinking a lot about the changes that I have gone through in the past year and how surgery was the catalyst for all of them. I look at my WLS as my turning point... I look at it as the point in which it all changed. 

Since May 16, 2014 the following has happened to me positive and negative. If, people had told me there would have been some casualties along the way I would not have believed them. I do not know where I would be without my parents, friends and family.  

This past year has been a whirl wind for me and now I am standing on the precipice of major changes in my life. 

This past May I met two women that would change the course of my life forever, acting as catalysts for me to meet the love of my life.  Two women came into the store where I worked one forgetting their medication. I helped the older of the two and we started chatting, somehow they get it out of me that I am single and wanting to meet someone.  Well the two women look at each other and nod in agreement and go to me  my son and my grandson will be perfect for you. Turns out to the two women had a guy for me they thought was perfect for me. 

So I took out register tape and wrote down my number. I took a HUGE Risk in by doing  this. I did not think anything would come of it. 
Last year I was dating a crazy guy and so that I had this block on my phone so I could not get calls and or texts from strange numbers. Well the guy kept on trying to reach me. Finally, his Mom came back in and asked me. I asked for his number and texted him immediately. He seemed nice on text, at this point I had NO idea what he looked like except from an old picture on Facebook. Well... we texted that day while I was at work and I told him call me when you get home. 

Anyway.. despite people who know me as a caffeine addicted talkative person.  I have honestly grown to hate the phone. Really hate it.  Because in this day and age I have grown to despise the phone and prefer texting and or messaging. 

Well we spoke and it felt like we knew each other our entire lives. We talked and talked and talked about how much we had in common.

Well the rest is history... :) 

So now onto the real reason I posted. Recently, I have moved and was going through a lot of my boxes. I found my old bills, doctors bills and recipets from all of the weight plans I have done prior to surgery. 

They were as follows 
1. Weight Watchers Meetings 
2. Optifast 
3. Atkins
4. Medifas

So I took what bills I had grabbed my phone and it totaled to around 2000. I could not believe it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment